All true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ are members of the Body of Christ, His Church. Blacksburg Christian Fellowship is a local expression of that Body, and our membership consists of those persons who know and love the Lord Jesus Christ, who commit to regularly participate in our services and support the ministries of the Fellowship, and who subscribe to our statement of faith.
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-20 And “… to equip the saints for the work of the ministry, for the building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of faith and the knowledge of the Son of God to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.” Ephesians 4:12-13
We believe in…
- One God, existing eternally in three persons as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ: His deity, true humanity virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension, and visible return to earth.
- The Holy Spirit, Who convicts men of sin and sets apart the believer to a holy life.
- The Bible as the Word of God, fully inspired, inerrant in the original writing, and of absolute authority in faith and life.
- The sinfulness and helplessness of man and his inability on his own to produce any act worthy of God’s acceptance.
- Salvation as a gift of God’s grace apart from human merit, received on condition of faith in the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Church in its universal form, composed of all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. Its visible form is the body of believers organized locally for worship, prayer, teaching, edification, service, and evangelism.
You may download our complete statement of faith from here (PDF): BCF Doctrinal Statement